Sunday 7 July 2013

Safari Lamp

So I finally did it!  I jumped on the blog wagon... and this is my first ever post.

I made this "Safari lamp" for a challenge over at SVGCuts using their fabulous Maison de Madeline kit. I am also pleased to say that this little guy won me second prize in the SVGCuts Lamp Challenge!  Whoop, whoop!

I gave my lamp an African theme by using animal print papers and exchanging the fleur element with an elephant, giraffe and rhino from the Zoo Animals collection. I also used hessian instead of vellum to let the light through and added some twine, feathers and beads to finish it off.  
Safari Lamp Front View

Here's a close-up of the lamp shade. I just love all the textures...  
Safari Lamp Close up
Over the coming weeks, I hope to add a few posts of some of my favourite crafty things I've made before I had my blog.  I Hope you stop by again soon to have a look
Thanks for stopping by!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I loved this entry! What a brilliant idea to use burlap for the African theme!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.