Sunday 1 September 2013

Birthday Roses

I finally got a chance to do a bit of crafting this weekend (yippee!). 

I've wanted to make the urn and roses from the Mom's Garden Gifts Kit from SVGCuts since it was released but just never got around to it.  So as I was going through my cut files in search for a birthday gift this morning, I came across this kit again and just knew that today would be the day!  This is what I came up with...
The paper is from the DCWV Fiesta stack.  My husband picked it out one day (yes, much to his dismay, I drag him into scrapbook stores on occassion) and I fell in love with it instantly!  The papers are all so bright and "happy" with great textures on each page. I really struggled to decide on which papers to use but in the end, I chose one of the very colourful, high gloss pages for the urn.  

The roses and leaves were also cut from the same stack.  Unfortunately the paper is only printed on one side so I inked the white sides and edges so that it would blend in with the coloured sides. 


I added a couple of elements from the stack and also cut a small banner from the For My Valentine Kit.  The "Happy Birthday" text was done with my Silhouette (pen function) before I cut the banner out.

I had so much fun making this and can't wait to give it to the birthday girl tomorrow!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.