Monday 30 December 2013

Christmas Cuddly Friend Treat Bags

I made these little treat bags for our neighbour's children as a last minute gift.  These were super quick and so easy to make!  Definitely one to keep up your sleeve in case you ever need to pull something together in a hurry...

The gift bag cut file is from SVGCuts and so are the Christmas Cuddly Friends.  I love these little guys - especially when their little faces are stamped with Peachy Keen stamps. 

To make them, I used the print and cut feature on my Cameo with the Silhouette Designer software.  I was able to cut all the cuties and the names out of one sheet of white cardstock - Awesome!  Here are some screenshots.
I started by building each of the cuddly friends by stacking all their pieces on top of each other.  I then grouped the pieces together and traced the outer edge to create a thin border around.
I would usually stop there but I wanted some dimension considering that I wasn't going to add any other embellishments to the bags.  So I decided to cut a few of the pieces for each cuddly friend separately to adhere them on top.  This came in handy with Mrs. Clause's for example, as I was able to stamp her face first and then adhere her glasses on top.
What a fun project and I still cannot believe how quick it was!  Honestly, I whipped these little guys up in no more than 20 minutes!   
Best of all, the kids loved them!
Thanks for stopping by!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


  http://www.svgcuts.com/affiliates/jrox.php?id=3640&jxURL=http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=213



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.