Sunday 15 December 2013

His and Hers gift set

Today I am sharing a gift set I made for a couple of my friends who celebrate their birthdays a few days apart. 


I don't know about you but I always find it quite difficult to make or buy gifts for guys.  Fortunately, for me, SVGCuts always comes to the rescue with their amazing kits. So, for "His" gift, I was able to dress up my friend's favourite bottle of happy juice by using the door hanger file from the B is for Birthday kit with some "boy" paper from Kaisercraft. I also made my own bottle cap embellishment by punching out a circle from matching paper and the covering it with an epoxy dot. I thought this would be more suitable than a flower or a ribbon...

For "Hers", I made the champagne bottle from the New Years Eve SVG kit and embellished it with burlap strips, ribbon and flowers.  I stamped the happy birthday tag with a freebie I received when I purchased a scrapbooking magazine.  I thought it was perfect for this occasion.

As a final touch, I added a whole bunch of Teresa Collins vintage brads.  These are my favourite brads of all time and I've had them in my stash forever - just waiting for the "perfect" project to use them on.
Here's the bottle with the top off - revealing the treats I put inside... my friend's favourite chocolates...


Thanks for stopping by!
 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 
   
http://www.svgcuts.com/affiliates/jrox.php?id=3640&jxURL=http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=349

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.