Sunday 12 January 2014

You're My Cup of Tea!

I finally got around to making one of these tea cups from SVGCuts. Isn't it just too cute? 
The file is from the Tea for You and Me SVGCuts kit and the paper is from the Sunday Afternoon stack by DCVW.  I also cut out a little tag and used my Amy Chomas Pen holder in my Cameo to write the sentiment. I love this feature - especially when you don't have a stamp that says exactly what you need...

I wanted to mix things up a bit so decided not to use paper for the roses.  Instead, I made them using polymer clay.  Once they were dry, I painted them with acrylic paint and then added some perfect pearls to give it a bit of a distressed shimmer.  
I did the same with the green leaves and am really pleased with how it all turned out. It was fun mixing paper and clay for a change and I definitely think I'll be doing more of it in the future.  

Hope you liked my little cup... I certainly enjoyed the macaron in the picture:)

Thanks for stopping by!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.