Sunday 9 February 2014

Chocolate Pop Butterfly Basket

I love the traditional Valentine's day colours of red and pink, but when I saw this He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not digital paper collection from Fleurette Bloom's shop, I really wanted to make something with it...

So, as I was making my heart shaped chocolates the other day, I decided to make them in pastel colours too so that they would match the paper collection.  And you know how it goes tight?  One idea leads to  another... so the chocolates turned into chocolate pops, which then needed something to jazz them up, and those then required a stand of some sort... So the end result you ask? A heart-shaped chocolate pop butterfly basket...  (a mouthful, I know, lol).

Isn't it cute?  I dressed the chocolate pops up with butterflies from the Valentine Be Mine 3D SVG kit.  I sized them down a bit before I did a print and cut as I wanted to fit a few on the stand. The "Be Mine xoxoxo" is also from the same kit.   The basket is from the "Holly Days" Boxes and Card Kit/Collection.  I simply replaced the holly with heart shapes before I cut it out to match the love theme.


I ran the white panel through my Bigshot and adhered it with pop dots for added dimension.  I did the same with the purple handles for the basket before I adhered it with some sparkly brads. 

I finished it off with some ruffled turqoise ribbon inside the basket and a few pieces of white craft ribbon to keep the wrapping in place around the chocolate pops.   


This was such a fun project - totally different to what I would usually do but I'm happy with how it turned out.  I think it would look really cute at a kids party on the treats table too.. 

Thanks for stopping by!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.