Sunday 16 February 2014

So Lucky to Have You - Shamrock Octagonal Box

Okay, can I just start by saying that I LOVE the free Octagonal Heart Shaped Box from SVGCuts! It's so cute - and a great size too!  Thanks for this great gift Mary and Leo!

For my project, I did change it up a bit though... I took the Octagonal Heart Shaped Box and replaced the heart with the free Scalloped Shamrock file (also from SVGCuts).  I really like how it turned out - especially with this amazing paper from Fleurette Bloom's store.  It's the new Lucky Lu Digital Paper Pack and it's simply stunning!  So many fun colours to choose from.


Because the paper is colourful, I didn't even need to add a whole lot of embellishments... a button, a few rhinestones and a bit of ribbon is all it took to finish this box off nicely.  

As a final touch, I designed the little banner using basic fonts in my Silhouette software and then changed my blade to a pen in my Cameo.  Once the writing was done, I changed the blade back and cut out the little banner shape.  Super simple and a great idea for those projects where you just can't find the "perfect" stamp.

Thanks for stopping by!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.