Friday 1 August 2014

Texture Paste Technique

Hi there, just a quick post of a thank you card I recently made using a technique I saw on YouTube...








The video is by Jennifer McGuire (sorry, I looked for it again but couldn't find it to share the link) and she uses a stencil, texture paste and embossing powder to create a really cool embossed image for a card front.   So, following Jennifer's instructions, this is what I did:     

I used the 12' x 12' Damask stencil by Kaisercraft and placed it over a piece of plain white cardstock.  First I applied texture paste over the stencil and then carefully removed the stencil whilst the paste was still wet.  Then I covered the wet paste with Stampendous Kaleidoscope embossing powder and set it aside to dry for a few hours.  Once dry, I heat set the embossing powder with my heating tool.

I stamped the sentiment and added a thin strip of red cardstock with a few Kaisercraft pearls before adhering it to the card base.

The raised areas stand out so much and it looks really cool - especially with the Kaleidoscope embossing powder.  I think I'm in love with this technique and hope you like it too.  I just know I'll be using it quite often in the future.  

Thanks for stopping by!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.