Monday 29 June 2015

Girly Hat Gift Box

Hi again everyone,

I know, I know... it's been ages since I've posted anything, right?!  But what can I say, life just kind of got in the way of my paper crafting time and with our new addition to the family, and our house flooding in a storm, I needed a little of time just get back to "normality" - Whatever that means, lol!  

Nonetheless, I've dusted my Silhouette off and I'm back in my newly painted craft room - ready to start creating again!

So to get me back into the swing of things, I decided to make this super cute (and super easy) little hat from Fleurette Bloom's awesome new kit - Hooked on fishing.  It's such a fun kit with so many great elements for guys!  That said, I decided to girly it up a bit to show you just how versatile this kit is!

I cut and assembled the hat pieces as per instructions on the easy to follow PDF file included with the kit.   I was going for a more natural look so didn't want the edges to be perfectly straight.  So once I added the hat rim, and while the glue was still a little wet, I curled the edges between my thumb and forefingers in a few places. Once the glue dried properly, the curves were set perfectly. 
I didn't cut any of the accent pieces for the hat as I wanted to decorate it with some flowers instead.  I used the medium spiral roses from the New "Lush Flowers" 3D SVG Collection to make both the flowers.  I just scaled the one down slightly and cut them out of different coordinating papers to create some interest.

Finally, I added a couple of leaves from the same kit, some Kaisercraft pearls, and viola... it was ready to be filled with little treats.

I had a great time making this little hat and changing it up a bit.  Such a perfect little gift for any occasion.  I do hope you like  it too!

Thanks for stopping by!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.